CTC Rides and Events, organised by CTC Northampton- the local group of the national organisation for cyclists - Cycling UK.
This programme is updated every 2 months and the final month is subject to change. Our aim is to run each ride
as advertised below. Any changes or (exceptionally) cancellations will be advertised on our Yahoo e-mail group and, if possible, the club website and other electronic media. Cyclists are advised to check for messages or contact the leader
a day or two before the ride for any updates.
Please press F5 or the refresh button to ensure you are reading the latest version of the programme below.
For insurance reasons, club rides are for members but we welcome non-members on a trial basis for up to 3 rides. Some events are open to all - ask us for details. You can also download a copy of the current programme click here
If you are new to cycling and would like to find out about cycle routes across Northants, you may like to visit Cycle Northants. Local Let's Ride groups offer guided rides for beginners to intermediate riders and are a good way to get into club cycling. They also offer women specific rides through Breeze groups
Where available, click on names to send an e-mail to the ride leader/organiser. Some routes have a link to RideWithGPS, 'gpx' files can be downloaded from here. Click on the following links for ride Pace / Speed --> Moderate -->Steady-->Brisk
|Day/Date||Time||Miles||Ride Pace||Start||Route/Destination||Stop(s) (if known)||Leader/ Organiser|
|Sun 03 Nov||9.30am||42||Steady||SIX||Yelvertoft||Timeless Tea Rooms||Peter Bayles 07979 850096|
|Sat 09 Nov||9.30am||45||Brisk||EH||Culworth||The Old Forge||Chris Duff . 07709 76291|
|Sat 09 Nov||9.30am||35||Moderate||EH||Culworth||The Old Forge||Chris Duff . 07709 76291|
|Sun 17 Nov||9.30am||55||Steady||MCP||Tugby||Cafe Ventoux||Milton Cadman ..01604 416315|
|Sat 23 Nov||9.30am||39||Brisk||EH||Towcester||Ten Hands Cafe||Phil Johnson ..07927 377191|
|Sat 23 Nov||9.30am||39||Moderate||EH||Towcester||Ten Hands Cafe||Phil Johnson ..07927 377191|
|Sun 01 Dec||9.30am||51||Steady||EH||Harrold||Emmaus Centre Carlton||Tim Howell .07749 477231|
|Sat 07 Dec||9.30am||Brisk / Moderate||Brian Tunbridge ..01604 622073|
|Sun 15 Dec||9.30am||40||Steady||BVW||Salcey Forest||Forest Cafe, Salcey||Phil Letts ..07867 388592|
|Sat 21 Dec||9.30am||38||Brisk||EH||Byfield||Canons Ashby NT Cafe||Peter Bayles 07979 850096|
|Sat 21 Dec||9.30am||32||Moderate||EH||Byfield||Canons Ashby NT Cafe||Peter Bayles 07979 850096|
|Thu 26 Dec||9.30am||28||Moderate||CC||Boxing Day Ride||Salcey Forest||Milton Cadman ..01604 416315|
|Sun 29 Dec||9.30am||Steady||Phil Johnson ..07927 377191|
If you would like a regular copy by e-mail when it is updated and do not currently receive it please see details on the Contact Us page.
Small updates, changes or corrections may be made to the listings on this website during the two month interval between normal publications. If you are interested in one or more of the clubs events then you are encouraged to use the Change Detection button at the bottom to register for automatic notification of these changes.
List of rides and events organised by CTC Northampton - the local group of the national organisation for cyclists CyclingUK. Details of all the events are published, normally at the end of alternate months (Feb, Apr etc.) and are correct for the first two months published. An updated list will be published late during the second month and may include amendments for events after that.
Please note that Audax rides usually require advance registration at least 10 days before the date of the ride.Details of how to enter events can be found on the audax-UK site www.aukweb.net CTC members do not have to pay the temporary Audax membership fee.
We are adopting a new grading for rides as in the column headed TYPE to better illustrate the pace of the ride. This is only a guide which the ride leader will try to meet. If in doubt please contact the ride leader who will be pleased to give you more information.
- Moderate = moderate pace ride average speed 11-12mph (18kph), a good introduction to riding in a small group
- Steady = average speed 13mph (21kph), speed on the flat 16-18mph
- Brisk = usually a shorter morning ride average speed 14mph(23kph)+, group may split with a slower self led group
- Tourist = includes historical or other visit
- Leisure = short distance, easy pace
- NMK = ride run by CTC Northamptonshire & Milton Keynes
- National = CTC or other national event
- Evening = Evening ride to a social meet
- Social = Social meet without a planned ride
CTC Northampton aims to cater for a wide range of rider abilities. In general we will wait for the last rider. On Brisk rides, riders are expected to meet the average speeds indicated or be able to make their own way home.
- BVW = Brampton Valley Way, Welford Crossing, NN6 8AA
- EH = Hunsbury Hill library, Overslade Close, East Hunsbury NN4 0RZ
- MCP = Moulton Co-op, Stocks Hill, Moulton, NN3 7TB
- CC = Nene Whitewater Centre, Bedford Road, NN4 7AA
- BCP = Brixworth Country Park
- SIX = TGI Friday's, Sixfields, Northampton NN5 4EG
- MM = Midsummer Meadow, Bedford Road, Northampton NN1 5PE
- All Saints Church = Outside All Saints Church in Northampton Centre
- Salcey Forest = Salcey Forest Cafe Car park, Salcey forest, NN7 2HX
- Beckett's Park = Beckett's Park, Bedford Road, NN1 5NG
- Oundle = Joan Strong Centre, East Road, Oundle PE8 4BX
- East Carlton = East Carlton Country Park, East Carlton, Corby LE16 8YF
The committee welcomes suggestions for the clubs development. Please contact the rides secretary in advance if you plan to attend the planning meeting. Alternatively you are welcome to forward suggestions prior to the meeting.
If you would like to be notified automatically when this page changes please enter your e-mail address and register. This is a free service and you will receive notification by e-mail when the pages are updated.
Be notified of|
You can also ask to be sent a copy of the current Rides Plan by e-mail as part of its bi-monthly update. Please contact the if you wish to receive regular Rides Plan updates this way.